Monday, February 11, 2008

It's a Small World!

You just never know who you'll meet.....even in Baghdad! Here are some examples!
I met an army colonel who went to veterinary school at Colorado State University. He grew up in Colorado, and we were chatting to see if we had any acquaintances in common. Guess what...his in-laws retired and now live in a little town in my home county! They even live in a house that we looked at when we were moving to the county.
Another person I met lives in our state's capital. We were talking about where I live, and it turns out that he knows our local Division of Wildlife Managers! Turns out that they've been friends for some number of years.
Last week I was talking with a gentleman who grew up in my home state of Tennessee. I asked where he was from and he mentioned a county not far from where I went to college. We chatted more, and it turns out that one of his best friends is one of my first, and finest college professors.
A high-ranking Foreign Service Officer in the Embassy has a home in my wife's home county. His wife is a native of that area, and knows my wife's family!

Last week I was sitting at the dinner table with a guy....turned out that he knows my cousin, a retired police officer!!
Well, it is true, it's a small world, you just never know when you're going to run across somebody with a "hometown" connection!!



No comments: